The Organic Acids Metabolomic Profile is a nutritional test providing insights into organic acids and a view into the body’s cellular metabolic processes. Additionally, children’s reference ranges are designed to provide more accurate paediatric nutritional evaluations. Identifying metabolic blocks that can be treated nutritionally allows individual tailoring of interventions that maximise patient responses and lead to improved patient outcomes.
The Organic Acids Metabolomic Profile provides vital patient information from a single urine specimen. This organic acids nutritional test is valuable for determining:
- Functional vitamin and mineral status
- Amino acid insufficiencies like carnitine and NAC
- Oxidative damage and antioxidant need
- Phase I & Phase II detoxification capacity
- Functional B-complex vitamin need
- Neurotransmitter metabolites
- Mitochondrial energy production
- Methylation sufficiency
- Lipoic acid and CoQ10 status
- Markers for bacterial and yeast overgrowth
- Oxalate markers
- Nutritional markers
Fatty Acid Metabolism
Energy Production Markers
B-Complex Vitamin Markers
Methylation Cofactor Markers
Neurotransmitter Metabolism Markers
Oxidative Damage and Antioxidant Markers
Sampling instructions for spot urine collection
Who should order an Organic Acids Test?The Organic Acids Metabolomic Profile is ideal for you if you suffer from:
- Weight issues
- Sleep abnormalities
- Digestive problems (we recommend also conducting a SIBO breath test or a Complete Microbiome Mapping)
- Stress, Depression or Anxiety (we also recommend conducting a hormonal assessment)
- Fatigue (we also recommend conducting a DUTCH Hormone Profile)
- Chronic health problems
- Worried about toxin exposure (we also recommend conducting a Hair Mineral Heavy Metal Test)
What are Organic Acids?
Organic acids are metabolic intermediates that are produced in pathways of central energy production, detoxification, neurotransmitter (brain chemicals) breakdown, or intestinal microbial activity. Marked accumulation of specific organic acids detected in urine often signals a metabolic inhibition or block. The metabolic block may be due to a nutrient deficiency, an inherited enzyme deficit, toxic build-up or drug effect. Several of the biomarkers are markers of intestinal bacterial or yeast overgrowth.
A test costs $430 (not including a consultation)
Click here to view a sample report.